We're going to the shows this weekend. Here's how Ginny prepares.
- Muscle toning and exercise program. Play "demolition derby," knocking against other Wolfhounds until one or none remains standing. Repeat right up to the ringside, if needed. Status of completion: ONGOING.
- Bath (as close to showtime as possible). Dig a hole in the dirt, knock over the water bucket to make mud, lie down and roll. Status of completion: DONE (yesterday afternoon).
- Groom coat to perfection. Chase madly after a squirrel or rabbit, ripping through briars, burrs, and brush. Status of completion: DONE (squirrel, this a.m.).
- Practice gaiting for the judge: Grab a roll of toilet paper from the bathroom, gait around the living room in a circle and down and back. Practice until roll is emptied and spread around room. Status of completion: DONE (this a.m.).
- Smile! Remember to have fun. Status of completion: ALWAYS.