Sunday, May 18, 2008

Saddle up

People who see an Irish Wolfhound for the first time inevitably offer the same bit of wit:
"You can put a saddle on that thing!" or "Can you saddle that and ride it?" or some variant ...
One time when I was walking Blake near a polo practice field, a player rode his horse up to the fence and asked, "Can I put my saddle on your dog?"
Someone should apply for a large, lucrative government grant to study why so many people consistently make the same joke and think it's original and funny.
I like to wink and say: "Yes, I could saddle up my dog, but I much prefer riding a broom!"

p.s. If you're looking for real answers to your questions about Irish Wolfhounds, please visit the Irish Wolfhound Club of America website. There, wise and responsible people offer all kinds of valuable information and expertise.

No comments: